Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Texas Bluebonnets

(click to enlarge)

I took these photos this weekend near my home in Cedar Hill. Even with the prolonged Texas drought and all the runaway wildfires, this hardy wildflower manages not to disappoint. I sat in this field and was overcome with the unbelievable sweet fragrance that left me slightly dizzy. This flower reminded me of the tenacity of my fellow artists who survive and flourish against all odds.

2 comments:

  1. It is my dream to see this someday. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss the opportunity to see this each year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.