Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Friday, May 20, 2011

One more week end before I hang my show!

“Sandival” 38”x 31”
polished cement & dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

As the deadline approaches, I find myself working frantically. I promised 30 new pieces. What was I thinking! They can't just be new, they have to be good. At this point I have lost my objectivity, I just have to continue and trust that art will turn up.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling William! You are on a roll though and each piece has been wonderful. I hope all goes well with your hanging and that you can enjoy your show. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole, your encouragement is needed and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.