Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Iced In!

"Morelos" 21"x 31" polished cement &dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

It is suppose to get down to 8 degrees tonight. We are having rolling power outages to conserve energy. I don't know how much good that does, because when the power is on, everybody runs the heat full blast before the power shuts down again. Anyway, I am thankful my studio stays pretty warm. My car can't make it up my inclined driveway because of the ice. It's just as well, I really don't need to be on the streets. The good news is, I have plenty of time to work. The above piece was started yesterday and finished today. I plan on starting another this afternoon.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.