Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ecotone

"Ecotone" 31"x 38" polished cement & dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

In this piece, I decided to calm it down a bit and play with a large simplified area that depended on subtle color transitions and small bits of texture for interest. My work has taught me a lot recently. I just needed to learn to pay attention. I had to recognize myself in my work and play to that realization. Half of the joy of creating authentic work is getting to sit in front of the finished piece with a cup of coffee and let it speak to you. Ahhh, good to the last drop.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.