Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ecole

"Ecole" 38"x 31" polished cement & dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

Here, I am trying to free myself from the constraints of formalized design and concentrate on organizing chaos. I eliminated most of the color from the equation in order to allow me to concentrate on content and its arrangement. I am relying on my innate sensibilities to make the image feel right. I try to let it flow without much intellectualizing.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the work William
    reduced forms and colors, wonderful!
    greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi William,
    Great to see this work,like the reduction of colour,amazing process.
    Just keep on Pushing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to David and Ralf for your helpful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "colors" William! That little bit of yellowish something and the putty are fantastic. I can see that we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.