Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Friday, January 8, 2010

The trip to Tyler

I wised up and decided to wait a day for the roads to clear before I tried to deliver the art. I'm glad I waited. It was sunny and 20 degrees but no ice! It was actually a very pleasant drive, (thank God for my GPS!).

When I got to the University, I had difficulty locating the gallery. Everything was locked up. I continued to nose around until I found a warm body who could give me a little help. The Meadows Gallery is very impressive; I think my art will work well there. Below is the piece that got in. The show opens Monday, January 11th with the reception January 21st. The exhibition will be up till March 5th.

Hudsucker 39"x 27" click to enlarge



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.