Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The New Year

As the New Year begins, I look back and review things I have done in the past year. Have I learned all they had to teach me? As I revisit a previous piece, especially after completing numerous new works, I see it with a fresh eye. Time has separated me from the creative process. It speaks to me in more muted tones so I have to pay attention and listen closely. If I am not careful the demands of new struggles drown out the relevance of old ones.

As I look forward to what the new year has to offer, may I have the good sense not to forget what the past has taught.


"Darjeeling" 30"x 36" polished pigmented cement on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.