Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Emergence


                                   32 in x 53 in polished grout & dry pigment on panel


   I enjoy playing with symmetry but not perfect symmetry. When I look at nature, I see this a lot. I think this is why it pleases the eye.


                                       Gallery View

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME TEXTURES and ART!
    You need to join the TEXTURED ART Gallery Community on G+. Your work would be a nice addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks you so much for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the observation about almost, but never, perfect symmetry in nature. This piece creates a sense of calm with the horizontal layers and has happy interruptions of energy here and there. The size is impressive and gives added strength to its presence. Your rich blue in this color scheme is stunning. I see some use of stronger color now in your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.