Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nineveh

"Nineveh" 27"x 24" polished cement and dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

I am working this year with renewed passion. I spent almost all of 2010 completing construction on my studio and gallery space. There is a huge gaping whole in my blog! Not much of the art I created during that time survived. My concentration was too divided and frankly, my surroundings were so chaotic and disorganized that finding an open space to work was difficult. But at last the dust has settled and I finally have an organized pristine working environment. I have vowed to try and keep it that way. I like being able to reach for a brush or scraper and actually find one. I am able to walk around the studio without tripping over debris or stepping in wet paint. This makes it much easier to immerse myself in the creative process without fear of bodily injury.


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.