Welcome


I am an artist, not a writer. My Intent is not to educate, enlighten or inspire but rather to clarify my motivations to myself. I find that when I write down the thoughts and reasons that I take certain paths, it helps me to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Let's face it, authentic work evolves through a series of mistakes, lessons learned and options eliminated.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

the Clandestine Intervention of Sumatra

"The Clandestine Intervention of Sumatra" 41.5"x 31.5"
polished cement & dry pigment on panel
(click to enlarge)

In this piece I experimented with embedding pieces of failed art that had been broken up and saved as scrap. I guess it is technically an assemblage even though it is comprised of my own work. I found that if I sealed the pieces down using petroleum jelly, the pigmented cement did not flow under them and their edges remained defined. This open up a lot of new and exciting possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your input.